The Narrows is a neighborhood or district of Gotham City located on an island in the middle of the Gotham River. Within a week of the Wayne murders, the Gotham Chronicle reported an "alarming rise in criminal activity". A rise in poverty rates has been associated with the increased violence in The Narrows.
In order to help out Theo Galavan, Oswald Cobblepot had Butch Gilzean and Selina Kyle enlist the Pike family to rob a building owned by Wayne Enterprises. It was said that the Pike Brothers were the "Firebugs of the Narrows" and were associated with Fish Mooney.
In order to raise money for an operation on his brain, Edward Nygma took Butch Gilzean (who has been transformed into Solomon Grundy) to a fight club owned by Cherry in order to sign him up for the fights. In addition, Leslie Thompkins was working at Cherry's as their doctor.
- Cherry (deceased)
- Solomon Grundy
- Leslie Thompkins
- Edward Nygma
- Pike family
- Alfred Pennyworth (currently)
- Krank Family
- The Narrows was introduced in the 2005 Christopher Nolan film Batman Begins as an island in the middle of Gotham River situated between Midtown and Downtown Gotham, which had a decaying and downtrodden neighborhood and had Arkham Asylum there. It "was lost" in the first film and converted into Arkham Asylum grounds in "Batman: Gotham Knight." Following this, it was carried over into the comics and other media projects.
- ↑ "Gotham Chronicle, Violence Spreads In The Narrows"
- ↑ Harper, Jordan (writer) & Eagles, Bill (director) (October 19, 2015). "Rise of the Villains: Scarification". Gotham. Season 2. Episode 5. FOX.
- ↑ Chun, Tze (writer) & White, Scott (director) (October 19, 2017) "A Dark Knight: The Blade's Path". Gotham. Season 4. Episode 5. FOX.