Peter was a successful district attorney and a friend of mobster Carmine Falcone. He gave Falcone a knife for his birthday at one point in time, stating it would remain a friend longer than most people. While driving with his son Jim Gordon one day, he was killed by a drunk driver in a car accident.
When Gordon was in the final stages of the Red Queen plant that Jervis Tetch exposed him to, he came across his father who was wondering why he isn't acting like himself. Upon Gordon telling his father about recent events, Peter gives him the talk that involves him remembering what the inscription on the ring said. Upon being brought out the hallucination by Mario Calvi, Gordon went through his father's belongings and found his ring which had the inscriptions "Dum spiramus tuebimur" (translated as "While we breathe, we shall defend") on it.
- "Pilot" (mentioned)
- "What The Little Bird Told Him" (mentioned)
- "All Happy Families Are Alike" (mentioned)
- "Wrath of the Villains: Transference" (mentioned)
- ↑ Heller, Bruno (writer) & Cannon, Danny (director) (May 4, 2015). "All Happy Families Are Alike". Gotham. Season 1. Episode 22. FOX.
- ↑ Heller, Bruno (writer) & Cannon, Danny (director) ( September 22, 2014). "Pilot". Gotham. Season 1. Episode 1. FOX.
- ↑ Brown-Mostyn, Megan (writer) & White, Scott (director) (October 31, 2016). "Mad City: Red Queen". Gotham. Season 3. Episode 7. FOX.