- "The new Arkham Asylum will serve the mentally ill of Gotham in ways the present asylum never can. Those poor, sick souls deserve our help."
- —Martha Wayne's note[src]
Aftermath of the Robbery at the Wayne Manor
When Detectives Harvey Bullock and Amanda Wong were sent to investigate a robbery at the Wayne Manor, Martha was the one to answer the door. Harvey whistled at the sight of her, mostly impressed at what he viewed as her show of confidence which he likened to Fish Mooney. Amanda asked Martha if she had been present during the robbery, to which Martha said that she had been asleep.
One night, while walking through an alley to catch a cab, Martha and her family were mugged by an armed robber. After taking Martha's pearl necklace, the robber deliberately murdered Martha, only seconds after he did the same to her husband Thomas.
- The character of Martha Wayne was created by Bob Kane, Bill Finger and Gardner Fox. She first appears in Detective Comics #33 (November 1939), in the first exposition of Batman's origin story.
- According to the Gotham newspaper, Thomas and Martha's time of death is 11:13 pm, unlike in the comics, where their time of death is 10:47 pm.
- ↑ Jason Starr(writer) (January 31, 2017). Gotham: Dawn of Darkness. Titan Books.
- ↑ Heller, Bruno (writer) & Cannon, Danny (director) ( September 22, 2014). "Pilot". Gotham. Season 1. Episode 1. FOX.
- ↑ Woodruff, Ken (writer) & Gaviola, Karen (director) (November 17, 2014). "Harvey Dent". Gotham. Season 1. Episode 9. FOX.