- "You may think you have everything, but there is one thing you don't have. The Falcone name. A name that once accounted for all criminal activity in Gotham. As in one hundred percent."
- —Sofia Falcone to Oswald Cobblepot[src]
The Falcone crime family was a Gothamite powerful crime organization, currently disbanded, for the most part, after the retirement of Carmine Falcone.
The family's founder is unknown, but at some point the organization was taken over by Carmine Falcone and named as him. Under Falcone, the organization prospered, obtaining almost complete control on the City Council, the Mayor's office and the Gotham City Police Department. Falcone also forced some independent boss, like Fish Mooney, to bestow him, forming a sort of feudal society, with Falcone himself as an "emperor" and several bossess as "vassals".
For years the syndicate was the dominant power in Gotham's underworld. It maintained a degree of order and structure amongst the gangs and crime lords of Gotham. While the organization itself was a source of crime, Jim Gordon understood that its collapse and the downfall of its leader could lead to chaos and widespread violence. Thus, the family's reign could be seen as a necessary evil.
However, Falcone in his old age became tired and worried for the city's future, giving his subordinates and vassals the possibility to supplant him. Also the long-time rival of Falcone, Salvatore Maroni, became ambitious and brazen. When the younger don became convinced that Falcone had attempted to kill him, he promptly ignited a mob war between the Falcone and Maroni crime families.
In the aftermath of the gang war, Carmine Falcone tells James Gordon that he plans to retire from the crime family business. The family declined after this; it's members possibly joining the Cobblepot crime family.
Despite leaving Gotham and a life of crime, Falcone still has men working for him and was shown to still have contacts as he was able to break Jim Gordon out of prison and find him a safehouse in the city.
At the time when Carmine Falcone retired and Oswald Cobblepot rose to power, Carmine's capos went into hiding. When Sofia Falcone came to Gotham City, capos Mo, Giovanni, and Rinaldi showed up at her house wanting her to lead the Falcone crime family. Unfortunately for them, Oswald Cobblepot arrived to meet with Sofia while the three capos were killed outside by Victor Zsasz.
- Carmine Falcone (boss; retired)
- Jimmy Saviano (underboss; deceased)
- Unknown man (capo; deceased)
- Victor Zsasz (hitman)
- Mo (capo; deceased)
- Giovanni (capo; deceased)
- Rinaldi (capo; deceased)
- Mooney Crew
- Russian Mob
- Polish Mob
- Irish Mob
- ↑ 'Gotham': 4 new-ish things about Fox's Batman prequel, 2014
- ↑ "Pilot"
- ↑ "All Happy Families Are Alike"
- ↑ "Wrath of the Villains: Prisoners"
- ↑ "A Dark Knight: The Demon's Head"
- ↑ In "Lovecraft", Saviano appear to the right of Falcone, similar to the underboss in a crime family. He was also the second most aged mobster in the family, and the first in the succession line.
- ↑ "The Anvil or the Hammer"