- "I'm more than a man. I'm an idea. A philosophy. And I will live on in the shadows within Gotham's discontent. You'll be seeing me soon. Au revoir."
- —Jerome Valeska's last words to Jim Gordon, moments before letting himself fall to his second and final death.
The Arkham inmates are still running freely in Gotham and they're only getting more difficult to catch. Gordon develops a plan, but reluctantly has to turn to Bruce for help. Meanwhile, Barbara finds out just how far her new friends are willing to go for her.
- Bruce celebrates a birthday in this episode, and while no specific age is given, the birthday cake seen has eighteen candles on it, thus making Bruce 18. However, this could be false, as Bruce is 15 at the start of the season. 
- Thie episode is most likely to take place on February 19 due to Wayne’s Birthday, in the comics Bruce Wayne’s Birthday is February 19,
- This episode heavily implies Jeremiah Valeska's dark turn toward a role resembling The Joker.